- This event has passed.
Bikepacking Roots’ Fayetteville Gathering
October 21, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - October 23, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
- A chance to meet new friends and build community, including BPR co-founders Kurt Refsnider and Kait Boyle and ED Ally Johnson.
- A free, optional “How to Bikepack” clinic at the Pack Rat Outdoor Center, followed by dinner, on Friday night.
- A scenic 30-40 mile bikepacking route on gravel and paved roads, through the fall foliage, historic sites and the Ozarks foothills.
- Camping at Historic Cane Hill, complete with historic sites, hiking trails, a pavilion, and restrooms.
- After-ride drinks and snacks on Sunday night to celebrate together.
- A limited supply of bikepacking bags to borrow and SAG wagon transport for gear.
- Support and stoke for new and experienced riders alike.
- An all-road, gravel, or mountain bike, a helmet, a backpack, camping gear, and food for the trip. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to accommodate e-bikes at this event.
- Bikepacking bags or a way to carry your gear. We can provide some bikepacking bags and SAG wagon transport for gear, but supply and space will be limited.
- A hotel or campsite for Friday night, and a $5/car parking space if you’re traveling from outside the area.
- Common sense. While we will ride with the group and provide support, this is not a guided route. You will need to be able to navigate the route (with the resources we provide) and be responsible for your own safety.
We want this event to be accessible to everyone who’s interested. However, hosting it includes expenses such as insurance, SAG wagon support, food and drinks, and staff time. So, we’re suggesting a $50 donation per participant. Please give what makes sense for you, and your financial situation. If that’s $5, that’s just fine! If that’s $150 to cover you and two other participants, that’s amazing and appreciated too. Donations above and beyond event expenses will go to support our bikepacking advocacy and route development work.