We are no longer accepting applications.
Stay tuned to meet the new members!
Interested in becoming more involved in Bikepacking Roots? Apply to be a Board Member!
Our Board Members act as representatives of the organization and advocates for the bikepacking community and the landscapes through which we ride. They’re responsible for ensuring we’re executing our mission, accountable to our membership, and organizationally healthy.
We’re seeking new Board Members whose experience, expertise, perspective and passion will help us fulfill our mission. That might include experience (in no particular order) with:
We welcome people of all identities (racial, ethnic, gender, sexuality, ability, size, age, etc.) to apply.
- Strategic thinking and visioning
- Connections in the cycling community
- Cultivating inclusive, diverse, and equitable community
- Public lands, conservation and/or bike advocacy
- Recreation and route infrastructure development
- Photography, videography, art, design or web development
- Public relations, marketing and communications
- Fundraising, development and fiscal oversight
The Board of Directors meets quarterly, with three video meetings and one in-person weekend retreat each year. Committees meet as needed. The approximate monthly time commitment is 1 to 4 hours, and we ask that members make a two-year commitment.
We will begin reviewing applications on September 5th, and follow up with applicants the week of September 12th. New Board Members are invited (but not required) to join us at our annual in-person retreat in Tucson, Arizona, November 12th and 13th.